Divorce in Paterson is a difficult and emotional time, even under the best of circumstances. If you are having trouble getting your spouse to comply with your divorce decree, you should contact your lawyer right away.

A divorce decree often requires one former spouse to pay the other specific amounts of money. Unfortunately, your divorce attorney has probably already advised you that not everyone complies. Lawyers regularly offer legal advice to clients whose exes defy court orders and refuse to pay spousal or child support. If your ex will not comply, the court can garnish his or her wages or get a lien against his or her property so you are properly reimbursed.