Family law covers a wide range of issues, from legal separation to divorce and child custody. A lawyer practicing in family law can answer any specific questions you may have, but these websites provide some helpful information to start:
- he New Jersey Legislature provides a database of state statutes. This link offers information about important statutes addressing custody issues.
- In addition to determining child custody, you may be seeking child support. The New Jersey Department of Human Services provides information about child support.
- This document explores several New Jersey laws governing child custody and parenting time.
- Forbes.com explores the differences between legal separation and divorce, including what each means for a couple financially.
- This site defines separation agreements and lists some of the issues that may be addressed in this legal document.
Do you have questions about a family law in New Jersey or New York? Contact The Law Firm of Walter K. Schreyer at (888) 511-2837. A New Jersey attorney also admitted to the bar in New York, Walter K. Schreyer practices in all areas of the law and can provide counsel for your family law, personal injury, or workers’ compensation case.
The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use and access to this website or any of the links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.