slip-and-fall-injuryProperty owners are obligated by law to provide safe conditions for visitors. This means that you may be able to file a claim for compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other costs if you are involved in a slip-and-fall accident. However, immediate action is necessary to ensure your safety and the strongest possible case.

Unless you are seriously injured and require immediate medical attention, the first and most important step is to contact a personal injury lawyer serving Westwood, NJ. Waiting to consult a lawyer means you might miss the deadline. Delaying also gives the property owner time to fix the defect and eliminate other pieces of evidence in your case. If you are injured, you may be required to see your doctor to have your injuries documented. Schedule your free consultation with a slip-and-fall attorney in Hackensack to discuss your legal options following.